Look Forward to Next Summer in Lake George - Memories from Our Adirondack Mountain Resort
Posted on March 27th, 2015 in General
Summers in Lake George are always memorable, and our Adirondack mountain resort is no exception. Whether staying in a cabin, a lodge or a vacation home in Lake George, this summer provides great memories and experiences at The Lodges at Cresthaven Resort. See what moments we have picked as the highlights from this season on the lake.
- 90% of the days this summer included at least some sun, allowing visitors to do what they please on Lake George, in the Village and throughout the Adirondacks almost every day
- Americade opened the summer season, as over 50,000 people made the journey to Lake George to take part in the festivities
- With the Fourth of July falling on a Monday, it allowed Lake George to have multiple nights of fireworks! The beautiful summer weather made for a fantastic evening
- The hottest day in July was the 22nd with temperatures reaching 99o and the heat index at 110o!!
- The water quality and clarity is excellent. In fact the water of Lake George is so clean, many of the summer and year round residents take their daily drinking water directly from the lake, without purification.
“The Queen of American Lakes.” The 32 mile long lake, which is fed by mammoth underground springs, includes 109 miles of shoreline, 395 islands (most are state owned), and covers an approximate area of 44 square miles. The lake, 320 feet above sea level, varies in depth from 1 foot to 195 feet and in width from one to three miles.
- Lake George Village has around 950 year round residents, but swells to over 15,000 in the summer months!
- There are several attractions in Lake George including Six Flags Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom Amusement Park, Water Slide World, Magic Forest, rodeos, art museums, historical sites, dinner theaters and the Charlie Wood Theater in Glens Falls offering activities for everyone while visiting the area.
- Outdoor enthusiasts have many optionsto keep them busy while visiting the Lake George area. Activities include golfing, several hiking trails, a bike path which spans for more than 20 miles, kayaking and canoe rentals, and boating activities.
Make your own memories – vacation homes in Lake George are affordable at The Lodges at Cresthaven. Discover the fun and luxury this Adirondack Mountain resort affords. Call 800-853-1632 today or contact us online for more information!