Summer is in full swing and with that comes the perfect time to escape to Lake George, NY, for an Adirondack weekend getaway. Often considered the birthplace of the American vacation, Lake George is nestled within the foothills of one of New York State’s most beloved treasures: the Adirondack Mountains. With its towering cliff sides, expansive forests, and sparkling lakes and rivers, it’s no wonder that outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking tranquility retreat to our slice of mountainside paradise every season. Overlooking the shores of Lake George, the Lodges at Cresthaven has a dynamic selection of Adirondack vacation rentals that provide easy access to all of the region’s best attractions. In addition to the local sights and offerings, our Lake George resort has an assortment of on-site amenities that are sure to please everyone from solo travelers to family vacationers.
Adirondack Weekend Getaway: Things to Do around Lake George
With so many things to do around Lake George, it can sometimes be overwhelming to plan an Adirondack weekend getaway. To give you some ideas, we put together a shortlist of a few easy-access activities that have been enjoyed over the years by visitors and residents alike.
- Cat Mountain in Bolton Landing rewards its climbers with awe-inspiring vistas of Lake George from the peak. The trail system found here will lead hikers to both Cat and Thomas mountains, only five minutes outside of town. In addition to the stunning views, you can immerse yourself in the diverse flora and fauna that inhabit the region.
- In Warrensburg, less than 15 minutes away, trout fishing on the Schroon River is some of the best in the Adirondack Mountains. Otherwise, fishing from the docks is available for those wishing to stay at the resort.
- Just over an hour away, in Northville, Adirondack Park is an enticing piece of pristine wilderness that will satiate your explorative side.
- One of the best ways to experience the Adirondack Mountains is hopping in the car and cruising through the countryside. The Central Adirondack Trail is a great place to start.
- No Adirondack weekend getaway to Lake George would be complete without swimming in one of New York State’s most renowned bodies of water. Our private beach is an excellent place for a dip, but, for those who prefer, there is a state-of-the-art pool facility.
- From a large playground to putting greens, there are activities for everyone to burn some energy. Our recreation grounds feature volleyball and basketball courts and a horseshoe pit, providing plenty of fun and games to be had by all.
- The availability of grocery delivery and picnic tables makes it easy to plan a barbeque after a day full of activities.
Adirondack Vacation Rentals in Lake George, NY
The Lodges at Cresthaven in the Adirondack Mountains presents visitors with the perfect setting to retreat, relax, and enjoy the more beautiful things in life. Our Lake George resort has hosted thousands of families over the years, and there’s a reason many of them come back. From our on-site amenities to unfettered access to local attractions, it’s no wonder why Lodges at Cresthaven is the best place for an Adirondack weekend getaway. For more information on how we can accommodate your stay, please visit us online or call 800-853-1632.