The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven – Vacation Planner
At the Lodges at Cresthaven, we offer ideal Lake George vacation rentals to let you and your family enjoy the perfect Adirondack getaway.
Shopping Near Our Lake George Vacation Homes
Looking for a nice, relaxing day of shopping? When you own or rent one of the Lake George vacation homes at The Lodges at Cresthaven, you are just minutes from some of the best shopping opportunities in the Adirondacks. From designer factory outlet stores to unique gift boutiques, Lake George has it all. Below are some shopping options available.
Factory Outlets of Lake George
Find everything from Eddie Bauer and Ralph Lauren to Fieldcrest Cannon and Orvis, the Factory Outlets of Lake George offer something for everyone! Located right off Exit 20 of the Adirondack Northway, the outlets are about 10 minutes from our Lake George vacation homes and are a great place to find all of your favorite brand names. You will also find great places to eat. Meander to the Adirondack Outlet Mall, and then cruise over to the French Mountain Commons. We are sure you will not go home empty handed!
Adirondack Outlet Mall
Route 9, Lake George
French Mountain Commons
Route 9, Lake George
Lake George Plaza Factory Stores
Route 9, Lake George
One-of-a-Kind Shops in the Adirondacks
The Lake George and Adirondack region offers an abundance of unique gift shops that will be sure to please. Head north just ways to find find antique shops that are stocked with wonderful treasures. Looking for Adirondack gifts made by local artisans? Warrensburg is also home to wonderful stores that offer rustic furnishings and Adirondack décor – perfect accessories that will go great in your waterfront Lake George vacation home!
Don’t forget about Farmstead Flatbread and Starla’s Shoppe, located on Route 9 in nearby Queensbury NY. Find clothing, gifts, furniture, toys, baked goods and much more. Farmstead Flatbread also has a country-café featuring delicious meals and tasty baked goods. To get to Farmstead Flatbread from our Lake George vacation homes, go south on the Adirondack Northway to Exit 20. Turn right onto Route 9 and go past the Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom. Farmstead Flatbread is located about a quarter mile on the left.
Located in the bustling Glens Falls region, The Aviation Mall in nearby Queensbury, NY offers great shopping for the whole family. Featuring anchor stores like JCPenney, Sears, and Target, as well as fashion and home furnishing stores, the Aviation Mall is your ticket for one-stop shopping! The mall is located just a quarter-mile from Exit 19 of the Adirondack Northway, making it a quick destination from your Lake George vacation home or Adirondack vacation rental at The Lodges at Cresthaven.
Aviation Road, Queensbury
Adirondack Gift Store
Lake George Village Shops
Interested in something different? Explore the Village of Lake George on Canada Street where fun and whimsical shops abound! Find everything from gift shops, souvenir stores, hair salons, old-time photos, ice-cream parlors and much more! Grab your walking shoes and spend a day of fun in the Village!
Lake George Village
Downtown Saratoga Springs, NY
When you own a piece of Lake George property, you will be so close to world-class shops and boutiques that await in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY. The drive is scenic and the shopping is even better! Broadway in Saratoga is alive with stores for every person and every occasion. Take the Adirondack Northway South to Exit 15. Bear right onto Route 9 and take a left onto Broadway.
Luxury Lake George Cabins & Adirondack Vacation Rentals are Your Vacation Entertainment Headquarters!
From the comfort of our Lake George cabins and lodges, you can live each vacation day to its fullest by enjoying all the Adirondack Region has to offer! From historic sites and museums to entertaining theater groups and comedy clubs, shopping and great dining, Lake George and its surrounding towns offer much more than just great scenery! Our private Lake George cabins and Adirondack vacation rentals are surrounded by fun around every corner. Stay at the Lodges at Cresthaven and be amazed by the abundance of entertainment found in the area!
- Lake George Historical Association – Offering the history of the Lake George Region through displays of local relics and memorabilia. The Historical Association also features the Old Warren County Court House Museum.
- Fort William Henry Museum – Located on Canada Street in Lake George Village. The museum features relics and artifacts found during digs at and around the site of the fort. The Fort William Henry Museum offers educational programs, hosts special events, and offers guided tours.
- Lake George Antique Boat Museum – Located on Sagamore Road, about 8 miles from our Lake George townhouses. This museum celebrates the boats and vessels that once cruised on the lake, as well as the horse-drawn carriages that were used or manufactured in the Adirondacks. Interact with the exhibits and learn how the boats and vehicles changed the social and economic heritage of the region.
- Marcella Sembrich Opera Museum – Located on Lake Shore Drive just up the road from our Adirondack vacation rentals, this museum is filled with sculptures, paintings, restored gowns and costumes, furniture and more owned by Marcella Sembrich, an international opera singer who spent her summers in her mansion on Lake George. During the summer months, the Marcella Sembrich Opera Museum springs to life with planned events and concerts.
Theaters and Concerts
- Our Town Theatre Group – Located in the Adirondacks, this community theatre group has been staging productions, showing film series’ and sponsoring special events since 1997. Most performances are held at the Tannery Pond Community Center in North Creek, NY, located about a half hour from our Lake George cabins.
- Lake George Opera at Saratoga – Experience the dramatic and moving operatic sounds of the Lake George Opera! Residing in the Spa Little Theater in Saratoga Springs, the Lake George Opera offers educational programs, and world-renown concert performances.
- Lake George Dinner Theatre – During the summer months, enjoy a great meal and a hilarious comedy performance at the Lake George Dinner Theatre! Located near the village, it is just minutes from our Lake George cabins! Don’t miss it.
For other Theatre Groups in the area, as well as contact information, view our Vacation Planner. Bringing the whole group? Find family fun attractions near our Lake George resort!
Whether you choose to spend an afternoon exploring the nearby museums or an entire week traveling from one attraction to another, you will never run out of things to do! Our Lake George lodges offer a fun-filled vacation near entertainment, dining, and attractions! Discover summer the way you remember is when you stay at our Lake George resort!
Entertainment in the Lake George Region
Adirondack Theater Festival
Charles R. Wood Theater, 207 Glen Street, Glens Falls
Lake George Dinner Theatre
Holiday Inn-Turf, Route 9, Lake George
Route 9, Queensbury (Summer only)
Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC)
Glens Falls Civic Center
One Civic Center Plaza, Glens Falls (Concerts, Family Shows, Musicals, theatre and trade shows)
Glens Falls Community Theatre
Charles R. Wood Theatre 207 Glen Street, GF (Broadway Musicals and Plays)
Saratoga Gaming and Raceway (Racino)
21 Nelson Ave., Saratoga Springs
Regal Cinemas Aviation Mall Cinema 7
578 Aviation Road, Glens Falls
The Chapman Historical Museum
348 Glen Street, Glens Falls
Fort William Henry Museum
Canada Street, Lake George
The Hyde Collection
161 Warren Street, Glens Falls
National Museum of Thoroughbred Racing
Saratoga Springs off of exit 14 of I-87
Saratoga Springs off of exit 13N or I-87
Daily Dining Options when Staying at Our Lake George Resort
What better way to kick off your morning than with a hearty meal that will keep you going until lunch. Our Lake George resort is located near a number of establishments that accomplish just that. The Lone Bull Restaurant, open from May – October, serves up classic breakfast cuisine including eggs, waffles, pancakes and more.
Enjoy Lunch While Taking in the Majestic Scenery of the Adirondacks
For a great meal with terrific scenery there is no need to leave the grounds of our resort. You’ll enjoy casual dining at The Boathouse Restaurant while looking out over Lake George by just walking out your vacation home door and down to the shore. Looking to lounge at the pool while enjoying a meal? Great! The Boathouse will send a server to you and you can enjoy your meal while relaxing in the sun.
Dinner at One of the Legendary Adirondack Restaurants is the Perfect Ending to Any Day in Lake George
Sure the region has your standard collection of good chain restaurants. But that’s not why you came to our Lake George resort. You want to experience the charm and atmosphere the Adirondacks have kept alive throughout the years. You don’t even have to travel far from your cottage at The Lodges for this – The Boathouse Restaurant at Cresthaven is our restaurant with private docking on Lake George, open for dinner as well, serving seafood, steak and other favorites along with fresh vegetables and warm dinner rolls.
In Lake George there is also the Log Jam Restaurant. Nothing gets more Adirondack than this – it’s in an actual log cabin. Open all year long, their extensive menu with original chicken recipes, lobster and a famous salad bar will keep you full until it’s time for breakfast again.
Within minutes of our Lake George resort there are dozens of terrific restaurants and dining establishments serving delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With the wide variety of choices available to you, you’re sure to find a restaurant in Lake George to satisfy everyone in your groups taste buds.
Located at The Lodges at Cresthaven
Lake Shore Drive, Lake George
Grist Mill on The Schroon River
100 River Street, Warrensburg
4770 Lake Shore Drive, Bolton Landing
Sushi Yoshi Hibachi Steakhouse
1818 State Route 9, Lake George
East Cove Restaurant
Beach Road, State Rt. 9L, Lake George
Friends Lake Inn
963 Friends Lake Road, Chestertown
Lone Bull Restaurant
Lake Shore Drive, Lake George
429 Canada Street, Lake George
2172 Ridge Road, Lake George
253 Canada St
Lake George, NY 12845
Lake Shore Drive, Lake George
Look Forward to Next Summer in Lake George – Memories from Our Adirondack Mountain Resort
Summers in Lake George are always memorable, and our Adirondack mountain resort is no exception. Whether staying in a cabin, a lodge or a vacation home in Lake George, this summer provides great memories and experiences at The Lodges at Cresthaven Resort. See what moments we have picked as the highlights from this season on the lake.
- 90% of the days this summer included at least some sun, allowing visitors to do what they please on Lake George, in the Village and throughout the Adirondacks almost every day
- Americade opened the summer season, as over 50,000 people made the journey to Lake George to take part in the festivities
- With the Fourth of July falling on a Monday, it allowed Lake George to have multiple nights of fireworks! The beautiful summer weather made for a fantastic evening
- The hottest day in July was the 22nd with temperatures reaching 99o and the heat index at 110o!!
- The water quality and clarity is excellent. In fact the water of Lake George is so clean, many of the summer and year round residents take their daily drinking water directly from the lake, without purification.
- “The Queen of American Lakes.” The 32 mile long lake, which is fed by mammoth underground springs, includes 109 miles of shoreline, 395 islands (most are state owned), and covers an approximate area of 44 square miles. The lake, 320 feet above sea level, varies in depth from 1 foot to 195 feet and in width from one to three miles.
- Lake George Village has around 950 year round residents, but swells to over 15,000 in the summer months!
- There are several attractions in Lake George including Six Flags Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom Amusement Park, Water Slide World, Magic Forest, rodeos, art museums, historical sites, dinner theaters and the Charlie Wood Theater in Glens Falls offering activities for everyone while visiting the area.
- Outdoor enthusiasts have many options to keep them busy while visiting the Lake George area. Activities include golfing, several hiking trails, a bike path which spans for more than 20 miles, kayaking and canoe rentals, and boating activities.
Adirondack Resort: Lake George Cabins, Lodges & Old Fashioned Summer Fun!
Discover our Adirondack resort on Lake George: cabins, amenities, and a stunning lakefront location from which to explore the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York!There are an abundance of activities to enjoy when you stay at the The Lodges at Cresthaven. We offer both Adirondack summer vacation rentals, as well as affordable ownership opportunities for your own Lake George vacation home.
Begin your vacation by taking in the breathtaking scenery of the lake when you stay in one of our luxurious professionally decorated Lake George cabins. At The Lodges at Cresthaven, “Adirondack Mountain resort rustic” Lake George vacation homes include all the comforts of home and then some! Enjoy a romantic setting perfect for your private Lake George wedding.Watch a breathtaking sunrise from your own covered porch. CHECK OUR SPECIALS PAGE for resort getaway discounts, or call The Lodges at Cresthaven today at 800-853-1632 for information on availability, amenities, rates and more!Ready to conquer the rapids?
Discover the adventurer in you by going whitewater rafting on the Hudson or Sacandaga River, located just minutes from our Adirondack resort! The magnificent back-drop of the Adirondack Mountains are a sight to behold as you are paddling down the river.Ready to conquer the rapids? Discover the adventurer in you by going whitewater rafting on the Hudson or Sacandaga River, located just minutes from our Adirondack resort! The magnificent back-drop of the Adirondack Mountains are a sight to behold as you are paddling down the river.
-Take to the sky and get a birds-eye view of the lake and surrounding mountains when you go parasailing on the lake near our summer vacation rentals on Lake George!
-Enjoying the water while on a lunch or dinner boat cruise is great Lake George entertainment! From a quick trip along the shores of Lake George, to a 4-hour cruise.
-Interested in the outdoors? Discover the fun of Adirondack hiking on one of the nearby mountains. Not only are the sights stunning on the way up the climb, but the vistas at the top are indescribable! Some of the hiking trails nearby our vacation rentals on Lake George include Prospect Mountain, Tongue Mountain and Sleeping Beauty.
-Enjoy a game of golf at one of the many golf courses found in the Adirondacks. Our Adirondack Mountain resort on Lake George is conveniently located many fine courses for pros and novices alike. In fact, golf courses in this area are some of the finest in all of New York State!
Unlike the rustic Lake George cabins and cottages that made this area a vacation destination, when you purchase or rent one of our luxury vacation homes, Adirondack scenic attractions, entertainment and our own resort amenities will provide you with everything you need for a memorable vacation experience!
The Lodges at Cresthaven Grocery List
Please download our Grocery List, fill out your order, upload the sheet below and click submit.