Considering how popular microbreweries and wineries are these days, it’s not surprising that so many Lake George visitors ask about the best places to go for an artisan beverage. After all, what better way to unwind after a day of exciting Adirondack adventures than by taking in a few libations? There is something to be said about acquiring a taste for local flavors. So, whether you want to visit the hippest Lake George breweries or relax at an elegant winery, there are plenty of options to choose from while staying at The Lodges at Cresthaven.
Salud! Raising a Glass at the Best Lake George Breweries
Because there are so many breweries near Lake George, narrowing down the right fit can sometimes be overwhelming for even the most experienced beer enthusiasts. One of the most rewarding aspects of visiting the nearby Lake George breweries is sampling a different version of your favorite beer type. The critical thing to remember is that most local establishments are very welcoming and look forward to gaining new admirers. Here are three of our nearby favorites:
- Adirondack Pub & Brewery in Lake George is a rustically charming establishment that offers a wide assortment of Adirondack-themed craft beverages that rotate with each season. Be sure to ask about their beer of the month!
- Mean Max Brew Works in Glens Falls features an eclectic taproom with various craft beers, ciders, and New York State wines. From pilsners to cream ales, there is something for everyone at Mean Max.
- Northway Brewing Co. in Queensbury has an impressive collection of unique brews that are readily identifiable thanks to some outrageous artwork. What’s more, Northway also offers tours and a gift shop.
Bottled Poetry | A Toast to the Lake George Wineries
Above, we mentioned that there are several Lake George breweries to choose from, and you can say the same for the local winery selection. Much like the breweries, the Lake George wineries provide an inviting atmosphere to smell, sip, and sample some fantastic offerings. Check out these local masters:
- Adirondack Winery not only has a massive wine list but has three locations serving the Greater Lake George Area. They also have a unique shop that has wine-themed games, gifts, and kits.
- Ledge Rock Hill Winery & Vineyard in Corinth is another rustic establishment that draws from the Adirondacks’ beautiful scenery. Offering an authentic collection of handcrafted award-winning wines, Ledge Rock’s tasting room provides one of the most scenic vistas of any winery in the Lake George area.
- Springbrook Hollow Farm Distillery in Queensbury technically isn’t a winery, but their high-quality spirits are too good to ignore. Ensconced amid the rolling foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, this Lake George staple uses only locally sourced grains and fruits.
Lake George Getaways and More | Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail
You can find many of the Lake George breweries and wineries on the Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail, consisting of 27 craft beverage operations throughout Essex, Northern Saratoga, Warren, and Washington counties. Combining the best beer, wine, cider, soda, and spirit makers in the area into one tour may be the best way to sample everything our beloved region has to offer. The best part is, the Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail is open all year round! And when it’s time to retire for the night, you’ll have a cozy place that feels like home to sleep off the previous day’s samplings.
Reach out online or call 800-853-1632 for more information or book your stay with The Lodges at Cresthaven!