As summer comes to a close, the Adirondacks transform just in time for autumn. If you’re like us and you’re dreaming of vibrant fall colors, cozy sweaters, crisp breezes, and apple cider, we have the perfect fall getaway for you in Lake George! The Lake George area is one of the best places for leaf peepers when the Adirondack Mountains transform from lush greens to shades of yellow, orange, and red. The best way to see this stunning Lake George fall foliage for yourself is on scenic hiking trails throughout the region. After exploring the trails, return to The Lodges at Cresthaven and relax by the fireplace in your vacation rental for a cozy end to the day.
Lake George Fall Foliage Hikes
- Prospect Mountain: Prospect Mountain offers the best views of Lake George’s fall foliage in town. The hike is a three-mile round-trip with steep inclines and some rocky terrain. The strenuous hike is well worth the challenge once you reach the summit. You will be rewarded with a 100-mile view of Lake George and the vibrant Adirondacks.
- Shepard Park: If you are looking for an easy hike in Lake George with the family, head down to Shephard Park. The park is located on the shores of Lake George and offers scenic views of the foliage on both sides.
Fall Hikes in the Lake George Area
- The Pinnacle: Just down the road from Lake George, you will find an incredible hiking trail to view fall foliage in Bolton Landing. The Pinnacle trail is 1.5 miles and begins at Edgecomb Pond Road. The trail ends with expansive 270-degree views of the mountains.
- Sleeping Beauty Mountain: This hike starts on the east side of Lake George in Fort Ann. This seven-mile loop can be challenging with several rocky switchbacks but ends with rewarding views of the lake and mountains.
- Cat Mountain: This trail in Bolton, NY, offers a two-mile hike that rewards hikers with panoramic views of Lake George. You will hike past streams, wetlands, and wooded trails along the way. If you want more time on the trails, you can pick up the Thomas Mountain Trail here as well.
- Palmer Pond Trail: This easy 1.5-mile trail is located in Chester, NY. The path is alongside Palmer Pond, stocked with rainbow and brook trout if you want to stop for some fall fishing. You will also be rewarded with scenic vistas along this trail as you keep an eye out for little critters on the trail.
Adirondacks Fall Getaway in Lake George
Escape to Upstate New York and hike through the beautiful Lake George fall foliage this season. Discover more things to do during A Fall Getaway to Lake George, NY, on our blog page. Stay at The Lodges at Cresthaven and end the day with a meal at our Boathouse Restaurant on the shores of the lake. Browse our Lake George vacation rentals and plan the perfect fall getaway in the Adirondacks!