As the weather warms up in New York, many of us are dreaming of summer vacations. There are few places better than Lake George when it comes to summer vacations. Our mountain town offers endless fun in the sun, from biking the scenic trails to paddling on the lake. And after all, what is better than summer at the lake?. The Lake George area is home to numerous lakes and hundreds of miles of scenic rivers. With so much water, it’s no surprise that Lake George boating and kayak adventures are a favorite summer pastime. Explore the queen of American lakes right from the shores of The Lodges at Cresthaven this summer!
Stay with us at The Lodges at Cresthaven and take advantage of our waterfront location this summer. We offer kayaks for our guests to launch from our private beach into the waters of Lake George. Paddle the largest lake in the Adirondacks while taking in views of the surrounding mountains and reconnecting with nature. Use our outdoor pool, volleyball court, horseshoe pit, and cornhole for even more summer fun.
Lake George Kayak Launches
Since Lake George is 32 miles long, there are many places to launch your kayak along the shores. These options offer a different paddling experience depending on your skillset and how long you want to be on the water.
- Launch your kayak in the heart of Lake George Village and stop at Kayak Lake George for equipment rental.
- The Dockside Landing Marina offers a launching spot in Hague along the most breathtaking part of Lake George.
- Veteran’s Memorial Park & Rogers Memorial Park offer two locations to launch your kayak in Bolton Landing.
- The Washington County Beach is on the Eastern side of Lake George in Huletts Landing. There is a free public kayak launch here and a marina where you can rent your kayak for the day.
Whether you want to cast your fishing line or cool off from the summer heat, Lake George is the perfect place to bring your boat. Don’t have a boat? Rent one from Brodie’s Lakeside Marina and launch from one of these locations:
- Million Dollar Beach: This is the largest and most popular beach in Lake George to launch your boat.
- Mossy Point: Launch your boat on the quiet North end of the lake two miles south of Ticonderoga.
- Hague Town Beach Park: This beach park is an excellent place to start your day on the water. Keep in mind there is a launch fee for non-residents.
Summer Adventures Await in Lake George!
Lake George kayak adventures are abundant in the beautiful Adirondacks. Visit us this summer and spend your days paddling the water and enjoying the mountain scenery. Stay with us at The Lodges at Cresthaven and launch your kayak right from the comfort of our resort. Cool off at the end of the day with a refreshing drink from our Boathouse Restaurant. Browse all of our Adirondack vacation rentals and discover the perfect lodging for your summer getaway in Lake George.