One of the most distinguishing aspects of the Adirondack Mountain region is it remains an outdoor recreation area throughout the year. It may not seem like it now, but the expansive woodlands will soon surrender their chromatic displays of red, orange, and yellow to a gorgeous white blanket of snow. Embracing winter has become a way of life for those of us residing in the Northeast. As autumn slips away, the parks become less busy, the lakes freeze over, and the snow begins to pile. But don’t let the chilly climate dissuade you from enjoying the crunch of fresh snow or the elegance of a midday snowfall. Now is the time to dig out your long johns, ear muffs, and hand warmers to layer up and make the most of the Lake George winter with a smile.
Lake George Winter Vacations in the Adirondack Mountains
The Lodges at Cresthaven has an excellent off-season package, perfect for a Lake George winter vacation that runs January 3rd to April 9th of 2021. The abundance of solitude is one of the most endearing qualities of a winter retreat. Even though our beloved region maintains a healthy population, you’ll have more elbow room when visiting the local parks and other recreational areas. Other than locals and the occasional groups of skiers and snowmobilers, you won’t come across nearly as many people throughout winter. There’s something to be said about being the first to walk through a fresh layer of powder after a recent snowfall on a cold, sunny morning. To help you navigate through the gamut of Lake George winter activities, we came up with some ways to spend your time in the Adirondacks.
Lake George Winter Activities
As much as we love spring, summer, and fall, winter is a magical time of year around Lake George, NY. From downhill skiing to ice fishing, there’s plenty of things to do on your Lake George winter vacation. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sleigh rides at Circle B Ranch will have you dashing through the snow while taking in some fantastic winter scenery.
- Cross country skiing is a quintessential Adirondack pastime that is perfect for those who enjoy hiking. Check out some of these local staples.
- Skiing & snowboarding offer a more fast-paced way to glide upon the fluffy white snow, and there are several terrific places to do so near Lake George, NY.
- Snowmobile tours are extraordinary adventures that present an audacious challenge and will have you exploring the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains at top speeds.
- Ice fishing is something every avid summer angler should try. Local bait shops are the best starting point to find out where the bite is.
- Bowling is a fun indoor activity for those not wanting to spend much time outside during the winter. Lake George Lanes & Games has entertainment for the whole family, not just bowling!
Lake George Resorts for a Winter Retreat
While many people will opt for the tropics, there’s no need to go to the airport when you embrace a Lake George winter. With a bevy of on-site amenities and unrestricted access to some of the Adirondack’s most exciting attractions and activities, there’s no reason not to visit The Lodges at Cresthaven this winter. For information to plan your stay, please visit us online or call 800-668-0324.