Ice castles is an award-winning frozen attraction coming to Lake George for the first time in 2022! Lake George is proud to be the fifth city in the country to host this unique winter event. The process starts with dozens of ice artisans placing between 5,000 and 12,000 icicles until the structure reaches soaring heights up to 30 feet. The Lake George ice castles are equipped with led lights that twinkle in this breathtaking sculpture. Stay with us at The Lodges at Cresthaven, and you will be a short drive away from this magical attraction and everything Lake George has to offer.
Lake George Ice Castles
The Lake George ice castles look like something straight out of a fairy tale. The icy structures will be available from January through February at Charles R. Wood Park. Here are the features you can expect this winter:
- Crawl Tunnels: The ice castles include crawl tunnels to navigate through frozen passageways.
- Ice Maze: Explore the ice maze and find your way out of the tunnels.
- Ice Caverns: The ice caverns are truly a sight to behold, with icicles hanging overhead like glistening chandeliers.
- Ice Slides: All ages can race down the ice slides at Charles R. Wood Park.
- Arctic Alcove: The beautiful arctic alcove is available to book for private or special occasions.
Buy your tickets for the Lake George ice castles here.
Lake George Ice Bars
The winter season also brings icy attractions for adults to the Lake George area. Artisans chisel ice bars every year for people to enjoy handcrafter drinks while taking in views of the Adirondacks. Visit one of these beautiful ice bars at the end of January.
- Forest Ice Bar: Holiday Inn Resort in Lake George will have their ice bar set up this January with refreshments, a fire pit, live music, and tasty treats.
- Funky Ice Fest: Adirondack Pub & Brewery has an ice bar where you can sip on local beer or handcrafted cocktails. The event also has ice sculptures and funky music to set the mood.
- Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge: A short drive from Lake George, you can visit the ice bar at Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing. The beautiful ice bar is made from 18,000 pounds of ice and is a must-see winter attraction in the Adirondacks.
A Winter Getaway in the Adirondacks
After spending time at the Lake George ice castles and bars, return to The Lodges at Cresthaven. Our vacation rentals offer hotel luxury with the old-time charm of Adirondack lodges. Relax and warm up in front of the gas fireplace and take advantage of all the amenities, including fully equipped kitchens with dishwashers. Visit Lake George this winter and step into a wonderland of fun at the ice castles.